Located on Florida’s Emerald Coast, the city of Destin draws tourists with its pristine white sand and sparkling emerald colored water. It is an extremely popular tourist destination and offers more than a 20 attractions for kids and families.
Popular categories include:
- Boating and WaterSports
- Water Parks and Amusement Rides
- Arcades and Games
- Arts and Educational Sites
- Beaches, Swimming, and Snorkeling
- Animal Encounters
- Helicopter Rides
- Parasailing and Adventure
Did you know that the city of Destin considers itself “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village”? This city has the largest fishing vessel fleet in Florida and as such offers many fishing attractions for kids.
1. Okaloosa Island Fishing Pier: 1030 Miracle Strip Pkway E, Ft. Walton Beach
This fishing pier spans a quarter mile into the gulf and provides opportunities to catch various species of fish including mackerel, tuna, tarpon, and pompano. Great for both beginners and professionals.
2. Sweet Jody Fishing: 210 Harbor Boulevard (Hwy 98 East)
Offers 6 to 8 hour long fishing trips in one of the best fishing locales. The boat is spacious enough for the whole family and all the necessary gear can be provided.
Boating and Water Sports
Do your children have a need for speed? Destin Florida provides a pleasant variety of unique boating experiences as well as sports.
3. Be sure to consider an incredible pontoon boat adventure and fun jet ski rentals. These jet ski’s can accommodate up to three people, and professionals on-site ensure that the experience is pleasurable for beginners and experts alike.
4. Buccaneer Pirate Cruise: 88 US Hwy 98 East, Destin, Fl 32541
Those looking for a truly unique experience and lasting memories need not look further. The Buccaneer Pirate Cruise offers teaches youngsters in the art of pirating. On board you will be entertained by sword fighting, water gun battles, dancing, storytelling, and treasure hunting. The atmosphere is created to be fun and adventurous for children.
Water Parks and Amusement Rides
5. Big Kahuna’s water & Adventure Park: 1007 US Hwy 98, Destin
This waterpark has activities for children of all ages, from toddlers all the way to adults. There are more than 40 water attractions including water slides, wave pools, tube rides and kiddie splash areas. In addition to the waterpark there are several amusement park rides, 3 tropical mini golf courses, as well as go-kart tracks.
6. The Track: 1125 Highway 98
The Track is a karting facility that offers mini golf, bumper tubbing, a Kids Country with a train, carousel, and mini go-kart tracks.
7. Amusement USA: HarborWalk Village
Have a blast surfing on an mechanical surfboard, walking on water, jumping on trampolines and more. This amusement park has a myriad of activities for all ages.
8. Cubby Caboose Mini Express Train: HarborWalk Village
Do your children adore Thomas the Train? Take them on a real train ride through HarborWalk Village for a safe and fun ride.
Arcades and Games
9. Fat Daddy’s Arcade: 20009 Emerald Coast Parkway
Too hot for the sun or a rainy day? Fat Daddy’s Arcade provides the solution with 65 arcade games and a pizza parlor.This arcade features popular racing games, Guitar Hero, kids games and more.
10. Goofy Golf: 401 Eglin Pkwy NE, Walton Beach
Features an 18-hole miniature golf course and arcade.
11. Laser Maze: HarborWalk Village
Ever thought you could do better during the Mission Impossible Laser scene? Test your skills, flexibility and speed while racing your family members through a laser maze.
12. Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and Grill: 4100 Legendary Drive
Fill your stomachs and have fun bowling. Here you will find 16 full lanes of bowling in the sea. Bowling balls feature sea life, mermaids, and octopuses. Hand painted murals bring this ocean experience alive.
Art, Crafts, and Science
Destin offers many attractions that showcase art and foster an appreciation for the arts.
13. People Painters: HarborWalk Village, Destin, FL 32541
If your children love the idea of having a tattoo without it being permanent, stop by the People Painters. They offer temporary tattoo artwork using professional airbrushing techniques.
14. Cartoons by Deano: HarborWalk Village
See yourself as a cartoon as your image is drawn by the talented Deano.
15. Emerald Coast Science Center: 31 Memorial Parkway, Fort Walton Beach
Make your vacation an educational one. Here science is fun with over 250 interactive exhibits.
16. HarborWalk Village Mining Company: HarborWalk Village
Kids have the chance to mine for gems and search for fossils in this mining company setup.
17. Magic Dancing: HarborWalk Village
Create a professional looking music video with your kids and family featuring music, dancing, and singing.
18. Ultimate 7D Interactive Movie Theater: 34 Harbor Blvd Ste 246 HarborWalk Village
This digital theater takes you on a roller coaster ride all over the world, all without having to leave your seat.
Beaches and Harbors, Swimming, Oh My
The white sand and emerald waters are one of the main tourist attractions in the area. The fine sand is perfect for sculpting sand castle masterpieces.
19. Henderson Beach State Park
Henderson Beach State Park borders the Gulf of Mexico and is popular for swimming, collecting seashells, tanning, and its clean white sand. This beach can be found at 17000 Emerald Coast Pkwy, Destin, FL 325
20. Jolee Island Nature Park
This is a five acre island preserve with walkways, marshes, and kayaking/canoeing.
21. Destin Harbor offers a bustling boardwalk ideal for talking walks along the water, hoping in boardwalk booths and enjoying the sunny weather.
22. Jetty East Beach
This beach is offers more privacy and a view of fishing vessels going to and fro. Here you can talk a walk on the jetty, enjoy is a mild surf, and relax.
23. Crystal Sands Beach
This particular beach is surrounded by condominiums, shopping and fine dining.
24. Snorkeling gives your children and family an unbelievable view of life beneath the waves. Visit https://destinflboatrentals.com/attractions/dolphin-tours-destin-florida to learn how you and your family can swim with the dolphins and interact with them in their natural habitat.
Enjoy Destin from a bird’s eye view by taking to the skies. Here in Destin you will find several companies offering Helicopter Rides.
25. Destin Helicopter Tours: 1001 Airport Road
This tour overlooks all of Destin as well as Fort Walton Beach.
26. Beach Helicopter Tours: 34859 Emerald Coast Parkway
27. Fly The Beach: Crab Island
Enjoy 20 minutes of flight and even take your own turn navigating the plane with the help of the pilot.
Parasailing and Adventure
28. Parasailing is a must have for many vacationers. Wet-N-Wild WaterSports provides a pleasant and memorable experience with smooth take-offs, breathtaking views, and even a GoPro video option to make your memories last a lifetime.
29. Zipline & Free Fall at World Class Amusements: HarborWalk Village
Get your blood pumping while seeing the beaches and water rush past you in a unforgettable zip-line adventure, experience falling over 90’ and landing safely.
30. Gator Beach: 20001 Emerald Coast Pkwy
Take your family to dinner and to meet the crocodiles. This free education wildlife exhibit is located within Fudpuckers Restaurant and has over 100 real life alligators including a rare yellow alligator. Get the unique opportunity to feed crocodiles and even hold one!
31. Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: 1010 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Ft. Walton Beach
Snorkel with stingrays, feed penguins, and enjoy sea animal shows. The Gulfarium features many exhibits and animal interactions.
32. Nonie’s Ark Animal Encounters
Enjoy a fun and educational hands on zoo show presented by Nonie’s Ark Animal Encounters. This encounter can be scheduled for parties and any location where animals are permitted.
33. Wet-N-Wild Water Sports: 288 Harbor Blvd, Unit D
Wet-N-Wild Water Sports offers an up close and personal interaction with dolphins. This dolphin cruise can be taken by pontoon boats and jet skis. Through this dolphin tour, kids can see bottlenose dolphins in their most natural habitat. Reviews describe this as one of the most adventurous dolphin tours in the area.
As you can see, the city of Destin provides entertainment for all sizes and all ages. Entertainment for those who love a peaceful pastime to those who love a good dose of adrenaline.